June 30, 2022

Dear Jesus….Are You In My Kitchen Sink?

Sunday thoughts…Finding R-E-S-T in acts of selflessness…. 

Have I ever stood over my kitchen sink grumbling in my mind after cooking & serving my family, that I’m the only one ‘still’ in the kitchen washing dishes & cleaning up the messes….While they all get to go do whatever they want…rest & play! Yes, Yes I have. Too many times to admit. My heart gets convicted & feels dirtier than ALL the dishes! I don’t want to have those feelings because I love my family & don’t want to grumble. Today was another one of those days except something different came to me… in my kitchen sink.
My family, once again, had all made their way to the couch & I found myself in the kitchen with dishes & messes everywhere. As I stood over the sink scrubbing & rinsing, listening to this tv show they were watching talk about “how turkeys mate”… I could also hear my 4 children & husband all laughing & talking about all these fun, yet interesting facts🤪…. I kept looking down at the soapy pans & had such a feeling of peace as I looked over at my family…. R-E-S-T-I-N-G. I thanked God for this moment that my heart wasn’t feeling dirty but instead at peace. I too was finding R-E-S-T even though I wasn’t resting on the couch with them, my heart was resting from resentful feelings. Selfless acts aren’t always rewarded, but today I felt rewarded serving my family…and yes doing the dishes….again.🥰

I seem to find Jesus a lot in my kitchen sink? I know I am not alone in many days of tirelessly serving my family. I know many who understand this day in day out blessed life of being a wife & mother. I have thought about this a lot today & that Serving God shouldn’t feel tiring. When we serve with “His heart”, we feel peace & rest in our work. When we serve with our resentful, human, selfish hearts… we feel exhausted & will never be truly rewarded. I hope however we all find our hands at work, we find Jesus in our heart….and maybe even in the kitchen sink too!❤️ 
#cleankitchen #happymama  #restinjesusandthekitchensink


No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...