December 29, 2018

A Gift From Heaven

This was a Facebook post I made back in October but wanted to make sure I included this on my blog.

Just when you thought you would never hear your Daddy’s voice again after him being gone over 11 years.... You receive a cd in the mail from your Sissy who found an old church tape at Mama’s & had it converted. What a full blown surprise!❤️🙏🏻❤️ In 1991 my Daddy preached a sermon once at our little church we grew up going to. I have no words... so many tears & emotions right now. 😭 I can’t stop listening to him. His sweet & so country voice... the things he had on his mind, him clearing his throat & even tapping the pulpit when he felt emotional about something....the verses & topic he chose, just pure & simple truths from the genuine heart of my Daddy preachin them. ❤️ He was a real man, strong but imperfect, hardworking but failing, a believer but a sinner. Thank you God for saving my Daddy & bringing him to Heaven with you. I know it’s not an accident we get to hear this almost 30 years after he preached it. I didn’t even remember that he did? We were young, my sis was sick so my mom had to stay home & didn’t get to hear it. That’s why they recorded it, for my Mama. ❤️ So many tissues balled up on church pews  & prayers at the alter for my Daddy to get back in church. He even mentions it in his sermon that about 8 months prior he had rededicated his life to God. Mercy sakes how we could have never imagined getting to hear this special sermon that was recorded so long ago & how much it would shred our emotions. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
It’s never too late to give your life to God, to trust in Him, to accept that this world is only temporary & our eternal life needs to be with Jesus! I’m so proud of my Daddy. He didn’t know the Bible from front to back but he let the Holy Spirit guide him into the verses he needed to share that day. #itsnevertoolate 🙏🏻#tissosweettotrustinjesus 
#giftfromheaven ❤️





No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...