April 14, 2008

"Your Gonna Miss This.....

...You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish
these days hadn't gone by so fast... cuz these are some
good times so take a good look around... you may
not know it now...but your gonna miss this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"This is one of my favorite songs that reminds me of something
my Daddy would have told me... and being a Mom I think of the
chorus to this song...all during my days...with these two big
sunshines in my life. God is good!
You may not like country music... I guess
I figure every southern person does but being from the
Heart of Country Music...
. I grew up with it on in our car and so you just listened.
I haven't chosen it as an adult...but now for some strange reason...
I love it again and lots of songs make me think of my Daddy.
Here's the story of this song... don't know why I feel
compelled to tell you but I want you to know why I like it. :)
It's Trace Adkins.."You're Gonna Miss This"
"The girl can't wait to turn 18 and make her own money...
then a few years later she's a new bride in her 1 bedroom apt...
her Daddy drops by and says its a nice place and she says it'll do for now...
then starts talking about a house and babies and her Daddy
says, Just slow down..... You're gonna miss this.....your gonna wish
it hadn't gone by so fast.. etc.
5 years down the road a plumber working on the water heater,
dog's barking , phone's ringing, one kid's crying, one kid's screaming...
she keeps apologizing ...he says they don't bother me, I've got two
babies of my own..one's 36, one's 23....its hard to believe....
but you're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back,
you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by sooo fast!
These are some good times, so take a good look around,
you may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this..... "

7 comments:

Noe Family said...

Wow! Best blog yet Mrs. Orange. Sometimes it's just good to hear that, ya know. I'm gonna come back and read this blog when I have bad days with my kids. Thanks!! Noe

Melanie said...

It does go by fast doesn't it?! What a sweet post.

Noe Family said...

Read my blog...I tagged you!!

*Kendra* said...

It sure is something you need to remember on crazy days when the kids are nuts and nothing is going right. Good reminder to us all Angie! :)

Gina Savage said...

Thanks for sharing. I don't stop enough throughout my day to take in the little moments with the kids. I am starting to feel my heart torn with Gracie starting school. She's my cuddle bug. I'll miss her.

Laurie said...

That was so sweet Angie! You have such a beautiful family and God has blessed them with such a sweet mama/wife! Thanks for the reminder to savor every minute!

Amanda said...

Hey, I love this song to! Since I just had Wyatt at the beginning of March and he is already 2 months old and my daughter will be 2 next week. I am wondering where the time has gone. I love looking at your pics. What a sweet family!

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...