November 11, 2020

What Does Christmas Mean?

Every year when the season arrives... it seems too soon. We are busy & life is packed full of kids & sports & life & change. I get a little overwhelmed at first because I don’t know how I will get everything done plus decorate & shop for this anticipated holiday season. It is special & nobody wants a BaHumBug! I don’t know why I get stressed because if I would just look back, all the past years have been wonderful & somehow it all worked out. We had our times together, had our traditions, took pictures to look back on & remember what the special season really is all about. 

So what does Christmas really mean? Is it about the decorations & gifts & food? The things we get overwhelmed about? As I look back at these pictures my heart is full of happiness because of the feelings I recall & the smiles of the ones we love the most. It’s that feeling of being TOGETHER. Nothing else matters. Whatever shopping we didn’t finish or lights we didn’t hang don’t matter anymore. The meal can still be eaten even if something is missing.

All of this made me think of the night Jesus was born, why we celebrate Christmas. Was Mary worried about decorations, gifts or food? Or how about the perfectly decorated manger? All of those things took care of themselves because all that mattered was being TOGETHER with the ONE who matters MOST....Baby Jesus. 
Being in those moments of HIS birth were the most special & what is held on to! The feelings were gratefulness & goodness & love. 

When I look back at these pictures from the season, Besides the guilt that it took me to get this written almost a year later....What I feel in my heart is gratefulness, goodness & love. All the smiling faces & time together to celebrate Jesus  is what Christmas means to me. I am thankful for the season & try to remind myself every year to take it slow, enjoy it & don’t get overwhelmed. I guess maybe it was meant for me to look back and write about it almost a year later, because we are just upon this season again. This is a great reminder for me & time to reflect what Christmas means to me. 
Writing about the end  of 2019 in 2020.. but I got it done.❤️




























































































































































No comments:

Time To SPRING Into ACTION

Time to spring into action! Flowers are blooming! Everything is turning green! It's a beautiful time of the year! I love being outside a...