December 26, 2016

"The Holidays... Taking Time For What Matters"

The whole month of Decemeber all I could think of was how I didn't want to get caught up in the crazy... be stressed...let exhaustion take over me... feel like I had to do every activity and go to every Christmas party....But what was heavy on my heart was taking time for what really mattered this Christmas. Lots of very special people were on my heart...People that had a rough 2016... people who just needed someone to care about them, friends that are like family that we love so much, elderly people, people who weren't very happy and needed some cheer, some friends I haven't seen in years that were huge parts of our lives long ago and last but not least, family who live far away and need a visit...even if that meant it would be difficult for us to make happen this year. Those were the ones that helped keep my Christmas spirit alive this year. Sometimes December can suck you up into things that don't matter. I always get a little overwhelmed. But this year... taking time for these special people kept me sane. It's hard to fit it all in, fit every person in... but God put these people on my heart this year and it certainly brought me joy to "take time" for them! It certainly helps me to realize that life should always be that way.... hoping to be more focused on that in the new year. 

Here are some pictures of Dember fun with us!!
BloggerImage
Bringing home the tree!!!! Can't wait for the smell. 

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

Merry Christmas 2017

BloggerImage

Changed things up a little this year... lots of antlers and simple decor

BloggerImage


BloggerImage

Added some candles in the windows this year.... 

BloggerImage

Christmas movies in December are the best

BloggerImage
Sometimes the best nights are staying up with your best friend and love of your life and making a homemade pizza at 10:30 at night and watching a movie. This was one of my happiest nights of December!! It didn't matter we had to get up at 6:30 a.m. To get the kids up for school.....
BloggerImage

I love this picture!!!!
BloggerImage

Cozy time on the couch

BloggerImage

Emmie's 4-H party... such a sweet group of girls!

BloggerImage
Christmas 2016.... the year of the bunnies! We had 26 rabbits at once... several litters born close together... what a treat 

BloggerImage
One of our favorites! "Snickers"... but he is a boy... and has to go

BloggerImage

Noah's Christmas band performance... these kids were quite impressive!

BloggerImage
Jensie's preschool program

BloggerImage
It's always bunny time at our house 

BloggerImage
Gingerbread house time 

BloggerImage
One of my favorite things!!! My village.... something I loved as a child going to my grandmothers. I use to look in all the windows of the little houses. It was so magical and hers was ginormous! We call ours "Christmas City"... their year we added a deer lodge and a barn with farm animals. I also received the sweetest country Country Church from my friend. It was the final touch! 

BloggerImage

I love it! So adorable!!!

BloggerImage

Feeling "joyful" this Christmas! Had to get these adorable socks this year!!!!

BloggerImage
Don't leave out Santa!!!!

BloggerImage
Getting ready for her party!


Party day

BloggerImage
Just a December morning snuggle
 
Taking a pause from holiday fun and celebrating wonderful news from Gunner's teacher that his reading has greatly improved! So proud of him and celebrating a positive email! Gunner picked ice cream! 


BloggerImage

A night out with some sweet friends! I love working out with them but doing life and celebrating together is wonderful too!!!


Another afternoon of girl time! Never too much celebrating in December!!!!


BloggerImage

Time to get picstures with Santa and on the freezing cold weather Daddy suggested a picture in front of the giant Christmas tree!!

BloggerImage
Christmas Tree Selfie


BloggerImage

Me & my mini me girls! They fill me with joy!

BloggerImage
One of the best Santas I have ever seen!

BloggerImage

A baking tradition... buckeyes!! 

BloggerImage
Baking is more fun with Hubby 

BloggerImage
Funny pictures are my favorite




These are the tastiest eyes around!



BloggerImage
Making loads and loads of Chex mix with these kiddies 

BloggerImage
Silly pic please!?


Guess what today is!! December 20th... Mama's Birthday! Our 1st time to ice skate as a family!

BloggerImage

Galleria was too busy for us so we went closer to home! Lights and Christmas music is all we need!


BloggerImage 
Fun! Fun! Fun!




Time to open presents






BloggerImage

 I love to be surprised! Walked out to the bunny barn as Emmie calls it... there she was sitting on a bucket reading Charlotte's Web to her bunnies. She has drug a Christmas tree out there and decorated it for her bunnies. A stocking and homemade bunny toys wrapped under her tree. I love this girl!

BloggerImage 
When it's the holidays you want to be with people you love...one of my precious friends from bible study.... we are taking the time to have a visit! Her wisdom and words fill up my soul! The Lord speaks to my heart...as I have to fight the tears while listening to her talk and looking at her beautiful face.... feeling so blessed God brought us together! My joy filled Bettie!

BloggerImage

Families that make our life fun and livable! Love them!!


BloggerImage
It wouldn't be the holidays without a celebration with your best friends!

BloggerImage
A bus to take is to eat and around town to see the Christmas lights! What fun it is to ride and sing a sleighing song tonight..... 

BloggerImage 
Just a brief stop for our sweet Clementine to feed her pig... that's ok!!! Baby Jesus was born with barn animals all around. We got to see goats and pigs and smell what they smelled the night Jesus was born...

BloggerImage 

The cutest little goat!!! His name was Rolo!


BloggerImage 
The famous red tree on our town!!!!


BloggerImage 
Me & My Love!



BloggerImage 

Home from the best Christmas Eve service and time for a good meal! I love my family!!!

BloggerImage 


Cookies for Santa take a lot of work! Emmie loves to bake!

BloggerImage
Time to decorate a special one just for Santa! 
Tomorrow  is Christmas Day!!!!!

No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...