January 01, 2017

"Where Will You Begin The New Year?"

A New Year!!! Time to reflect and look forward. I can't believe it's 2017!!! The years just keep flying! Time is moving forward and no matter what has happened in the past year... we are forced to move forward!! If you know me... you know I am  a deep thinker. My previous blog post was about Taking time for what matters during the holidays. During the month of December I was in deep thought about that and trying to be mindful of everything I made time for. After Christmas we headed to Tennnesee to see our awesome families. They truly understood if we didn't make it this year. 2016 was a little bumpy and with a job change for Nathan.. we didn't go for Thanksgiving for our usual visit. But going "Home for the holidays" just HAD to happen. Once you get there... it's all worth it. The welcome and loving people that await us is an undescribable feeling. You literally forget everything else and that "Home" feeling all comes back. 

We started at the Oranges.... so many happy moments and times. I was running one day and soaking up the trail that my father in law had mowed down. It felt ridiculously amazing. I love to run. Such a great time to think. It wasn't until the 3rd day of running that I was once again killing myself to run up the steep hill of a driveway in the woods.... it absolutely takes everything I got in me to run the 1/2 mile hill, but I refuse to walk. I felt so happy to make it to the top. As I was coming back down listening to my music and much happier zig zagging down so I wouldn't fall.... I started thinking about the New Year.... thinking about how we are all in different places. Considering the huge driveway I had just run up... I thought how some of us are at the bottom of the hill.... we are ready to climb high and begin anew. While some of us might be starting the new year at the top of the hill feeling great and on top of the world. Hoping we can stay there for a long time cause it feels good. I'm sure there are many that might be in the middle of their climb and you feel like you aren't gonna make it or you are slipping trying to climb up. Rocks might be falling down on you and you feel like you might never reach the top. Maybe you are feeling strong climbing the hill and you can carry some extra load. Throw someone else on your back and carry them a little while. 

The real truth here is we are all somewhere near the hill. It's a New Year!!!! 2017!!!! How are you beginning the new year? Where are you on the hill?  Truly I don't think God intended for us to stay in the same place all the time. I think asking God how he can use you where you are right now is where I would start. He can use us wherever we are. But even more he can be right there with us wherever we are. He can STAY right  beside us wherever we are now and wherever we are going in 2017! No matter if it's a happy zig zag or a treacherous climb... HE is with us. So I hope your answer for my question.... "Where Will You Begin The New Year?".... is WITH GOD! 

Wishing everyone a Happy and Blessed 2017! 
And now some pics of our end of the year and beginning of the new year in good ol TENNESSEE!!!!

BloggerImage
Time to see our sweet families
BloggerImage

First stop... Nonna & Papa's home in the woods... with creeks and rocks and a running trail that will make you feel country girl happy feelings. 

BloggerImage
Happily running along... I wasn't prepared for running by the spot where Noah was baptized this last summer with our families standing on the bank.... happy tears flowed as I thanked the Lord 

BloggerImage
Boys will be boys


BloggerImage
Cousin snuggles 

BloggerImage
Watching frozen with cousins... our little cousins

BloggerImage
Eva and Noah singing Feliz Navidad 

BloggerImage

Gunner & Ethan

BloggerImage
Sonny loves his Papa.... 

BloggerImage
Blane is the best snuggle bug 

BloggerImage

Noah loves his cousin 


BloggerImage
These moments are frequent when you're down in the woods... I love these men! 

BloggerImage

Took this little lady on a walk on Papa's Trail

BloggerImage
Had to carry her some on the way back... but that's ok! 

BloggerImage
Christmas sweaters for the dashing boys in our lives 


BloggerImage

For the doggies too!!!! Sonny loves his cousins!

BloggerImage
When you walk by a platter with the most beautifully cut ham and turkey placed ever so perfectly with gorgeous pieces of holly around around it... you must take a picture of the wonderful man that's responsible for it! 

BloggerImage


BloggerImage
Impressed with her gift!!! 

BloggerImage

Blown away with his new beard brush! Lol! 

BloggerImage
Always a Tennessee Girl!!!! Love my new towel!

BloggerImage

The oldest Kellen is 18... with the youngest Eva at 2... sweet moments 

BloggerImage
Fancy nails


BloggerImage

All the grandkids with Nonna & Papa

BloggerImage
Getting silly with each other! 

BloggerImage
The big ol Orange Family! I love these people! I love even more that all of the kids did hair chalk and even Papa & Nonna participated and then we decided to do a picture! 

BloggerImage 
Girl cousin selfie


BloggerImage

Every morning... every afternoon the kids are playing and waking up and we enjoy hot cups of happiness and visit. One of my very things about TN!!! 


BloggerImage
This guy is the Happy giggle  in my heart...


BloggerImage

BloggerImage

Time for the 4 wheeler 

BloggerImage BloggerImage


BloggerImage
Sometimes coloring is important and you just drop right where you are wearing whatever you got and color with Nonna 


BloggerImage

On the way to my sister's to see my family now and had to stop and visit Daddy's grave. 


BloggerImage

The cold wind blowing makes for a short visit but on my heart and on my mind he is. 

BloggerImage

Cullen time!!!! 

BloggerImage
Uncle Davy & Aunt taking the kiddos to Chuck E Cheese... but we had to participate too!!!


BloggerImage
So sweet


BloggerImage


Playing a little Kaplunk! They love this game!


BloggerImage
Antique shopping with mama and sissy.... absolutely gorgeous little shop. Old house turned into a boutique! Fun times! Just us!

BloggerImage

Eating cinnamon liquoroice to keep us moving 

BloggerImage

Mama got us both a copper skillet! So excited to try it!


BloggerImage
Little New Year's Eve Fun

BloggerImage
MeeMaw And the grandkids!


BloggerImage

Good times that were short but sweet! It's never enough time... I love these people and they are so easy to miss as soon as you drive away. 


BloggerImage
New Year's Eve

BloggerImage
Getting a little time without the kiddos to have fun!


BloggerImage
This isn't flattering of me but I love pictures that are caught in the moment of absolute laughter and fun! I love Nathan's happy in this pic. 

BloggerImage

Got back just in time to ring in the New Year with a kiss at my sisters.

BloggerImage
Look who waited up for us!!!

BloggerImage

Sonny can have fun too!!!



BloggerImage
Time to say goodbye.... sniff, sniff. Sweet Cullen we will be back again soon. 

No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...