December 21, 2013

"It's So Much More Exhausting To Keep Up With The World, Than To Keep Up With Jesus!"

As December got under way, I was much excited for this year because it's going to probably be the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER! :) We are staying here for the holidays and there is gonna be a surprise coming that will knock their socks off!!!  So this year I have jumped on board with the "deco mesh" and decided to "deco mesh" everything in my house!  From the trees to the garland on the stairs and pretty much any garland I owned to the garland now around my door and the giant wreath on our home!  Nathan was pretty sick of the words "deco mesh" and I was pretty exhausted from doing it all! LOL! But I wanted to add this little delight this year because it's all over Pinterest... everyone's doing it... and ga lee it's pretty!  :)  But it became mid December and I was just plain exhausted!  Keeping up with all the December to do's... the sign ups for parties, for gifts, for contributing to this and that and sending in stuff everywhere, gifts to ship, cards to send out... Then I have to come up with lists of "things" for others to buy my kids which is sweet... but can become overwhelming.  Noah actually started crying when I asked him what he wanted and said, "I don't know what I want because I don't know what's out there!  I haven't had time to figure it out!"  My heart broke!  Why do we have to come up with crap we WANT from the world?  Why can't we just get something small and simple and surprisingly fun and keep our spirits alive for the REAL reason of Christmas!  All this craziness of December....My head was spinning and I was starting to get a little ba hum buggish!!  I just want to be done with all the STUFF and I just want to sit and look at the lights on my tree and be with my family.   In my exhausted state this thought came to my mind.
It's so much more exhausting to keep up with the world than to keep up with Jesus. 
 The world sucks the life out of you!
 Jesus gives you life! 
 The world makes you think you need all this STUFF!
Jesus tells you all you need is HIM! 
The world will fail you!
Jesus is for eternity!

The good news is things are looking up again... and just in the nick of time, because its 4 more days until Christ was Born! I am officially done with all that "STUFF" and  I am so ready for the simple and sweet, the Christmas Eve service with my beautiful family, the cozy fire and pretty tree, a Christmas gift that is a big surprise,  the crock pot breakfast, the candle lit dinner with my family and remembering why we are celebrating this day!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
May you keep the "Merry and Bright" in your heart and the Peace and Love of Christ in your Christmas!  :)  Love to all! 




 All we want for Christmas is so much of the world... but all we really need...is baby Jesus!
This is still my most favorite of all of my Christmas decorations 

 This year the tree is "Tis the Season to be Merry and Bright"

 Pink sequins fuzzy socks.... feelin like a princess.... from my sweet motherinlaw :)

 :)  thanks Elf!!

Preschool program
 snack time
He would make a good reindeer

 reindeer nose game... hello gasoline!!

 stacking the bolts.... 

 homemade ornament in Kindergarten

 Emmie's team got their snowman wrapped first so they got to wrap their teacher!!

Christmas Bingo


It's my birthday!  Ho, Ho, Ho!  Time to go surprise the kiddos at school on early release and pick them up!  I took their bikes up there early and they didn't have a clue!  I'm going for "Most Fun, But Most Embarrassing Mom of the Year"


 Party time

 "Hello 36"
 "Your not old until the fat lady sings happy bday.... and she did!"  Thanks Noah!!  LOL

 From my sweet sister in Tennesee!!!  Along with "36 Reasons why she loves me"  These were delivered when I was feeling a little tired and OLD on my bday before my afternoon coffee...LOL and just made my day!!!!  I LOVE MY SISTER!!!!

One of my favorites was #14
 "She is an expert on pregnancy/body changes/feelings and gives better advice than Google."   LOL!  That is the best compliment ever Amy!  Me smarter than google???  I am totally giddy!  LOL!



 My Love Man






 My sweet hubby got me a Christmas Cactus... if you don't have one...you need one... They are easy and beautiful and they know when its almost Christmas and they bloom!  Isn't that amazing?

 If anyone wants to know where Emmie's artistic side comes from....it's Nathan!  He is going to have to start doing all of my chalkboard writings for me!!!  :)


 I have felt so celebrated all week and absolutely adore and appreciate all of my friends!  From the texts and calls and facebook messages to drop ins for gifts to the nights out to the girlfriend who sweat with me at the gym... first thing in the morning on my birthday!  Ya'll all know me well... love me... and are journeying along beside me.   It is such a joy to celebrate!!! 
 This man will always make me feel special and celebrated no matter what lengths he has to go to with my bday being 5 days before Christmas!  I love him for his effort... I never really  care because its such a happy time of year that I don't yearn for a bday celebration and don't want people to have one more thing to put on their lists.... but I am ever so grateful for everyone's efforts.  I do Love to Celebrate!  But I love to celebrate everyday!  Cheers to Life, Love and Friendships!

 Look at this face!  
 Ice storm 2013
 Texas trees are still in color coated with ICE!!!  LOL

 Only Noah

Snow baby!!



Snow ninja!

 this pic makes me happy

 daddy and his girl
 Love these people

 Me and the kiddos
Artic Blast 2013!  I love my family!



 Time to warm up!!

 Hot chocolate with marshmallows and Christmas sprinkles

Adorable
Got chocolate???

Keeping our friends warm and cozy! :)



Merry Christmas 2013
Love the Orange Family!







MeeMaw and the grandkids
Next time we will add one to the bunch!  :)  


 My mama and my sissy



Tennessee Chicks


 My Merry and my Bright!  :)

Love HIM


Always Fun!

 This barn is in Tennessee!  It is Nathan's granddad's old barn :)






No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...