July 18, 2008

The Best Surprise EVER!!!!

Have you ever had one of those days when you just want your mama? Well I do! She lives in Tennessee you know and visits us 2 to 3 times a year. However, on this very ordinary day... I was running around in slouch wear... not yet gotten around to the washing of the face and teeth... managed to get Emmie dressed and Noah still in PJ's... playing in between...... talking on the phone to my friend and Nate gets home. He tells me that my neighbor is coming over to bring Emmie's birthday present. So as I am watching for her..... I all of a sudden see balloons through the window in the door. So I let my friend go and quickly go to the door thinking, "what in the world is my neighbor doing bringing her balloons?" I open the door and have to move the balloons to see her face and behind the balloons is my adorable little mama standing, smiling, with a plant in hand and brightly colored balloons and says,"Happy Bday in July" Shocked as can be.... I am wondering how in the world she pulled this off and just hug her. She said I always say my bday is at Christmas so I don't get a day. Well, maybe I have said that but I don't care anymore.... (That was just HER excuse to see her grandkids!) Needless to say... She spent the 4th weekend with us for the 1st time and it was wonderful. I literally balled sp? after I dropped her off at the airport b/c I wasn't expecting her and it was just the best surprise ever. In case you were wondering, I have one of those moms that eats salad and soup....low maintenance and very self sufficient and cleans and likes to tidy up.... does nonstop laundry, forces us to go out... we come home and one night she is mopping my hardwood with vinigar and water. Shooooo! But she knows I guess??? You also might be wondering what in the world is playing on my blog.... "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today" a good ol' church hymn we sang growing up and many a times I remember my mother's high voice singing out..... my sis and I would cringe and laugh but now I cry singing songs from my childhood b/c I think of standing next to my faithful mama. I tried for a week to get a church hymn one with the high pitched woman singing out....cause that is what I think of when I hear the song ....but had to settle for this more contemporary version.

So this post is dedicated to you Mama! My very, very best friend! I love you soooo much!



These are pics from her visit and the 4th and also the better late than never bday pics of Emmie Lou! :) Enjoy and feel the sunshine in your soul today. If you sing it, you will have it! :)





Us looking at fireworks and Batman!



Golfing with Noah and Miss Baby America!

following brother and so excited to see the colors

Love these two... their faces are just comical...you just wonder what they say to each other.




American kiddos and MeeMaw with Emmie Lou!

Shara, I think we should be hat models? Definitely!


Sweet Emmie in the rocker

Of coarse the 3 generation pic has to be in there too!


Booty in air... love this one

Miss Bday Princess is about to dive into her cake










Noah soaking an ingrown toenail (we thought) and Miss Sweetie Pie after church

The family pic on her bday and her smiling for the camera


Love the happy car pic of Noah... Emmie holding her new "Princess Baby' book from Aiden and Caleb.





4 comments:

The Blakes said...

You have one hot Mama! Love me some Joy!

Muse Moments said...

AWESOME! What a fabulous surprise from Miss Joy! Fabulous post with the most precious pictures! Happy 1/2 Birthday! :)

Gina Savage said...

That made me cry. Love our mamas.

Hugs!

Beth said...

Angie, love your blog! What a nice surprise from your mom, too. Love the pictures and keeping up with what your family is up to. Kids are gorgeous and funny! I can imagine day to day! Keep in touch, hope to see you guys soon!

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...