September 25, 2021

Twenty Years

July 28th ❤️20 Years of Marriage❤️
 for me & Nate. Our 27 year long love story is still writing itself. Each chapter has it’s own special words to describe the moments we share together. It’s continued to build each year & with every child we have added to our family. Some of the pages have tears on them & some are quite ruffled from all the retelling and laughter of the fun & memorable moments. Only God knows how our story will end & what will continue on from all we have built. I do know that 20 years is a commitment & I would do it all over again. I also know that the only “perfect love” is our Lord’s. We can’t give it to each other or hold one another to that kind of perfection. I wish we could, cause it would feel so amazing & the reason I know is because God gives us “little glimpses” of His perfect Love in our marriage. God fills in the gaps because we are in a covenant with him & each other. He finishes the chapters we couldn’t. He starts the new seasons we need, because He is perfect love. We have such a responsibility in that we have four children “in our pages with us.”Every day we love one another, we are showing them what love is & who gives us this love. They can have it too one day, but only through God. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I love that he is my love story & that I am his. I want this book to finish with him. There is no one else I want to love or to love me. Even with all of our shortcomings, they are still floating on a solid foundation. It’s all the little things that make me so happy. 
❤️I fell a little deeper in love for him last week when I was trying to figure out supper & just tired & not feeling it that day. He looked up at me & said, “Let’s just have spaghetti… & I’ll even make it.” He had me. He had me at spaghetti.❤️ So easy & simple. Why would I not think he would say that? Cause He IS spaghetti! He is easy to please & my simple man. Cheers to many more years of loving him & cheers to lots more spaghetti! ❤️
🎉Lastly…To remember our 20th…Just to add a ‘little more love to our pot’….we are getting the long awaited Longhorn! 🎉 This beautiful & handsome little bull calf will join us in September & Yes…Yes…
His name will be TEX! ❤️












No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...