January 29, 2013

"Everybody Needs Something To CLING To"


Wow!  January....you got me!  You won! I am beaten... beaten down...beaten to the side... to the back... to the front...to the ground.  I have felt like that lately.  Just plain exhausted!  The sick finally got some of us... nothing too serious...but no sick is fun, right?  Noah has remained untouched but the other three were sick and mama is TIRED!  I slept 3 nights sitting up with Jensie trying to keep her from couching... in my bed while Nate slept on couch.... :(  No sleep is no fun!  But we have pulled through the sick... I hope.  Ready for back to normal?  
But normal is still... a 3 year old... fits and some regressing since our travels over the holidays... a baby.... that wants me to hold her all the time and if I don't... pinches my legs and other forms of Mama Torture, but is so darn precious you can't throw her!!!! LOL! .... a 5 year old daughter that is coming into her own and speaking her sweet little mind...keeping us laughing because "she just wants some peace! She wants her juice and granola bar and a show that she can hear without a baby crying!" ... and then there's the 8 year old... who recently told me "he just wants a day where we don't have to do anything, no cleaning up messes, no laundry, just do something FUN!"  Doesn't he know his whole life is a bucket of FUN!... Let's not forget about the wonderful hubby?  Doesn't travel much anymore but works hard and when he does travel ... Mama really has to prepare herself!  Gear up!  Gear Down? Just survive!  
So with my baby clinging to my leg, my entire body... and my 3 year old clinging whatever is available.... What can I cling to?????????????????

Well... Mama says..."Just have you a cup of coffee and cut you a piece of that pumpkin roll I made you that's in your freezer and you'll feel better!"  God sure gave me a good Mama!  I cling to her from a distance! :(  I cling to the speeding treadmill under my feet..it's powerful and rewarding!  I cling to that cup of coffee... it's not a "coffee high" as I have once heard... quite the opposite these days....It is warm and soothing and just a necessity in this mother's life!  :)  I cling to my strong husband... that when even tired himself radiates an energy to me... a happiness that needs nothing more than being together.  I cling to the "mom's night out" with dear friends!  I cling to the children I have been blessed with and even though they have caused me great work lately... I breathe for them! I cling to the Joyce Meyer book I'm reading for a bible study with Godly women that were all put in my life by God!!!!  I cling to fun family nights making memories and make me forget how tired I am because I feel like a teenager!!!  :)  I cling to the incredible singing at our worship service...that can speak to me in its own, tear me up and fill my cup!  I cling to favorite scriptures that give me strength when I feel like crying... I mean... EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK!!!!!  :)  God has this!  He has me!  He has my children!  He has my family!   So until next time... I'm Still in Clinging Mode!!!!!  


in the deer blind at the lease...thumbs up means "something's DOWN"



A big nasty pig.... there are way too many of  them on the lease... noah's 1st one!

  
Baby pigs 
Look at those snouts
"Mama, can I please bring em home?"
He could live out here for sure!
Lil Miss Flower Child
Crawling to me when I came in the room... sleepy girl
At the doctor for a strep test.... Negative! :)
"I'm just here for support... and to get a coin for that machine!"
Planny Me?  Where did she go?  I spontaneously let Emmie get her ears pierced!!!!!!!!  She has been begging for a while and knew it would hurt, but was ready.  I planned in my mind a dreamier day for just me and her but sometimes ya just give in?  Little gal didn't feel good... throat hurt and she was so, so, so happy and now I have to just cling to that!  :)
Being tough... holding her breath!  Ha!
Sometimes princesses have to endure pain for sparkles :)
Yes, she chose diamonds!  Out of all the colors of birthstones... she wanted diamond ones.  She even wanted the BIGGEST ones on the board!  I had to talk her down from the 5mm ones to the 3 mm ones for her little ear lobe's sake!  LOL!!!!!
Got home and painted herself... with EARRINGS!!!  :)
Just some beautiful things... my favorite is that she painted a cross "for Jesus".... it's brown next to the ice cream cone... love her so much!


Little Artist Jr.





Loves to help mama with the dishes... especially the breakables and knives!!!  

Big Boy
Ready for baseball to start
LOVES outside!!!!

For my friend Andrea.... Let's call these... Tracksuits!!!!  Puma style
Hunter at heart
Always check on your babies before going to bed.... they may need some adjustments and their picture taken :)
Reading to brother before his nap... Three Little Pigs
Gunner's 1st trip to the dentist!!!  He did so good!!!!

Riding fast!
This go cart is so so fun!!!!!  Mama can even ride it!!!  :)

Binoculars he got at the dentist... cutie pie
Such a gorgeous day for scooter gals

Always make up your bed with a baby in the middle and you'll need to take another picture :)

2 comments:

Marci Campbell said...

You just clingin' on...to being an amazing mama, an incredible wife, the very best friend and a proud Christian woman. All the "crazy" is worth it and I know you know it! But I do hope you can find just a little bit of breathing room every day ;) even if it's during your treadmill time! Love you Angie!

Becky said...

I feel ya sister! TIReDDDD ! is the word of the day! And everyday lately! We have been fighting the batttle of starting preschool and picking up every single germ that comes our way! My payback for being stingy and keeping my baby at home with me as long as possible!

Love the warm soothing coffee, Mom's voice and baby in bed.......ahhhhhh, I feel better already!

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...