December 28, 2010

Tender Tennersee Christmas...Then Back Home For a Texas Christmas

This year we went to Tennessee before Christmas b/c Noah is in kindergarten now and we decided it was better to miss all the hoopla at school rather than start off the new year missing school. It was nice not having to go anywhere after Christmas....just enjoy time off for Nate and being home together. :) The Christmas season is long.... but when it is over....it is a little sad. I am always ready to clear out the Christmas clutter and get the house back to normal but have I done it yet? NO! :) It is jammies all day around here and LOVING sleeping in.... even if it is just 8:00 a.m. some days. :) Tennessee was Christmasy with all the fixins....double time! Texas Christmas was a memory made this year! Big Surprise gift from Santa! So fun! Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas! It is all about Jesus and Family and Love and Memories! Some of my favorites this year were:

1. The excitement my kiddos especially Gunner this year..... had when they saw their Aunt Amy. Gunner kept running into her and hugging her neck ever so tightly!
2. MeeMaw's story time with all three kiddos on the bed.... sweet!
3. The fact that my Mama hung out towels to dry on the line and I don't think it ever got above freezing while we were there! Some things never change huh? :)
4. My sweet Aunt Linda showing up at my mama's with gifts for the kids.... one being a precious Santa suit! Then she stayed until 1 am talking with my mama, my sissy and me! Girl time! :)
5. My sweet Grandma Brown.... there is no other feeling for her..other than just wanting to BE with her and not leave her there alone. She is so sweet just sitting there.
6. Sissy time with my sis.... what better than CLEANING out the clutter in my mama's kitchen cabinets! MAKING her get rid of some stuff! It was like old times.
7. Christmas at the Orange's.... All the family is together... Papa puts on some quiet Christmas music in the background. It was really nice and cozy! We were all together and ready to eat and Papa says the blessing and I couldn't help but notice in the background... playing was Alabama..."Tender Tennessee Christmas" It don't get no better than Alabama singing that song!
8. Always enjoy a walk to Overs' house. Then her homemade vegetable soup that my Noah eats 3 bowls of!!!!!!!!!!
9. Our cousins Kellen and Blane.... their horse was pregnant and we went to see her in their barn that had some Christmas lights and a wreath on it...nothing prettier than a barn at Christmas. FYI The baby colt was born on Christmas Eve... we were already gone...but so happy for everyone there! :)
10. We celebrated my bday in Tennessee and I woke up to my wonderful husband laying next to me... in his tired, morning voice.. he hums "Happy Birthday" to me. .... loved that!
11. Texas Christmas was fun! Santa was tricky and had an extra present to all three of them with ribbons going to the garage door opener b/c he left it in our driveway.... b/c the yard was muddy from rain.... a Trampoline! The looks on their faces and the excitement screaming, "A TRAMPOLINE!!!!!!!" was priceless!
12. Christmas dinner here for us was Lasagna! Haaaaaa! Tired of all the other so we got a little crazy...hey...it is red sort of? :)
13. Santa brought me and Nate a tiny bottle of 5 hour energy in a bottle for Christmas! LOL! It didn't work! LOL
14. My husband had Christmas Story trivia for the kids at our Christmas dinner... we spent our dinner talking about Jesus and I loved every minute! The kids were so engaged!
15. This list is long...but if you are reading it...it is because you want to.... :) Last but not least... I loved all of your Christmas cards! Such beautiful families and children and happy faces! Thank you all!

He wanted to pose a lot this year... was kind of nice. He was asking us to take the pics! :)
Sweet Christmas Princess... she really believed she was one




very excited



Gunner leaped for the balls... I saw his face and melted!










a rockin horse from us






Noah is shocked!







Our junky garage opening up.... noah is seeing it now....








Santa Baby just got a new play pen!









Christmas Bath with Candy Cane bath confetti










Sweet Overs













"Mama, CHANGE ME!"












Emmie is trying to bribe Papa to let her open this... she was so excited!














Crosses his eyes the whole time we were in Tenn.















See!

















I love this one!

















Sitting like a little man on Overs' couch

















In my Top 5 Fav pics for Christmas!




















Could a princess have any more princesses????????



















OH MY! Check out her sequins Christmas Crown... her Aunt Kema wore it in and Emmie was very concerned as to WHY Aunt Kema was wearing that crown...





















He is getting so mature looking to me






















Rockin chair























Over the creek and through the woods... to Overs' house we go

























Another one of my top 5!!!!!!! :) This is magical!



























BABY!


























LOVE YOU MAMA!!!!!!!!!




























Merry Christmas!






























Happy times.... We love you MeeMaw!





























Gunner wouldn't cooperate... but this one is great!































in my top 5..... am I to 5 yet? Maybe I have more than 5! Ha!
































Headphones....

































Is this a Tennessee Boy or what? Actually he is not.... but he will know all about it :)





















































Santa Baby and MeeMaw Claus





































Top 5! Daddy is so handsome and Santa Baby..... too cute!





































Cookies!!!!!!!!!!





































Grandma Brown and Emmie in her Dorothy dress! :)






































The kids built a Fort in the woods at MeeMaw's house







































Daddy and Noah shootin guns









































"Can you find me? Can you? Can you?"










































Does Santa have blue eyes?












































Oh make you melt!











































Me and My sissy wore this "Turbin" sp? over our pink spongy rollers to sleep in growing up...















































Who is excited?












































Emmie's new doll... she named her "Rose"















































happy to open presents

















































"Do I get one too?"
















































The present is as big as her!


















































3 comments:

The Keltners said...

What great Christmas memories! Family time is the best!

Mrs. Butts said...

Loved reading this post. You have the sweetest family.

the campbell family said...

Bedhead, crossed eyes, and santa suits are the cutest things EVER! I love your kids! Noah reminds me of Riley, and Gunner reminds me of Jack - so happy and silly and full of smiles! Love you girl!

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...