January 22, 2023

Our Baby Turned Adult

Nothing can really prepare you for what it’s like to have your first baby. It’s the most indescribable time & just the best! It’s a 1st for us mamas & daddies & it’s special. 
But then they tell you how fast it goes & all the things. Again, Nothing can really prepare you for that day that comes that your 1st Baby turns Adult… He turns 18. I can honestly say that leading up to these moments… were many moments of pinching myself & asking if this was really happening, were we reaching another milestone? Were we in middle school, a teenager, driving, dating, high school, working & doing things on our own? All the answers led to the reality of what was to come & preparing us for the “time”… the Time to Let Go and Let them Adult.  It doesn’t happen overnight. Thank God we don’t have him taken away from us the very day he turns 18. A Mama needs time!!! Time to reminisce & recall & cry a lot. That’s basically what I did preparing for him & really myself… his bday. 
It’s always been something I have enjoyed doing… the bday table… the decorations, the theme, the anticipation of what mom is doing this year. I know they love it because gosh who wouldn’t? It’s Their Very Own Special Day. 
This bday was different though because it wasn’t like I could throw up a theme & some balloons & call it done. This one had more of my heart in it. My grateful heart that felt like it was going to burst with every photo I would find. I had to use them all… to make sure so much of his last 18 years was represented. It was for him, but it was for me. It was like a form of grieving… in a way. It took me weeks to face it & began thoughts to bring it together. It wasn’t anything big, & was just for our family. I decided to wait on a big party since graduation is right around the corner. 
But still it was special. 
Noah has wanted some ostrich skin boots for years… one of those pricey things you just can’t buy a kid with a growing foot! But 18th bday? That’s a great time! 
It was a great time & Noah & Lauryn went out to eat a nice steak dinner, just the two of them. They sent us the sweetest pictures. We were at basketball games… for the other kids.. But that was ok, it was special for them to go out & we were happy for that. 
These times certainly take a number on your heart but you get through them & it’s just like every other 1st… it’s crazy & full of emotions, but it’s the best!
Happy 18th to our Baby Adult Noah🧡























































































































































No comments:

Time To SPRING Into ACTION

Time to spring into action! Flowers are blooming! Everything is turning green! It's a beautiful time of the year! I love being outside a...