January 29, 2022

“The Best Gift of All”

Moments like these make me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. Daddy split some wood & builds us a fire…Dog on the floor, kids all snuggled under blankets & watchin Dolly’s “The Coat of Many Colors”… I do love Christmas & I do love my family! ❤️πŸŽ„❤️








December is the special & fun time of the year… parades & Santa hats, lights & carols… it’s the feel cozy & good time of year! Even all the hustle & bustle is ok because it’s part of December & enjoying all of its meaning! Jensie had some fun friend time with games & we celebrated with our families & even had a baby goat born on Christmas Day. 

Along with Christmas during the twinkling month is my bday. It’s always special to me because the whole month is special. I am glad to have been born during the month we celebrate our Lord’s bday too! I know it’s a lot to celebrate someone in the same month as Christmas & year end & busy time of year. I have sometimes felt guilty anyone would have to stress over buying me a gift or figuring out how to find a date to celebrate me. 

Turning “44” was one for the books! I share this to remember & have a laugh & a reminder.  
I hadn’t nt really been feeling top notch for a good little bit with some little issues & then…I threw my neck out plugging in the Christmas tree lights. πŸŽ„
Fa La La…Naw thank you! Needless to say,not feeling my usual ‘get things done’ kind of self & apologizing to Nate that I was gonna be young & fun again! πŸ˜‚My sweet family celebrated me  & we had plans to go to a favorite little pizza place & maybe some family bowling… but the restaurant was closed on Mondays… πŸ™ so we rain checked that for another day.  I Opened some gifts …bath stuff & candle & a coffee cup followed by… A long, flannel Little House on the Prairie nightgown. (I did say I wanted a long nightgown a while back) But for some reason this one was just Funny. The kids were roaring laughing. Noah said “it’s Peter Pan”… We were all laughing & kids were basically thinking their dad had lost it buying it for me. All we  could do was laugh. I opened the next one, which was a Heated Neck Wrap! Ummmm…Suddenly for the first time in my life… I felt O-L-D! I covered my face with the neck wrap 1/2 laughing but feeling some tears!😳
Pulled it together because Mama can’t do that on her bday! I opened the next one and it was houseshoes! We all just laughed & laughed! It was just too funny! I love that man with all my heart… especially because he must have heard me say “I would like one of those”… and well… he bought them ALL & they happened to make a theme I just wasn’t ready for! Ha!!! I really didn’t care about the gifts  & begged him not to get me anything at all b/c we are getting a new puppy in January 🐢 & that’s all I cared about! πŸ’— 
But….The BEST part of the day was coming home from picking up food…He slowed down & we peek over to see the lights of our house. (In the wintertime you can barely see our house off the road through all the trees.) We are on a hill & I told him how neat it would be for anyone that could see it, to look over & see a Cross all lit with Christmas lights! Well there she was! Built by Nate with some cedar logs all lit in its glory! The BEST gift of ALL! ❤️ The one I get Every Day for all my life & in eternity! It doesn’t even have to be my bday to open it! Suddenly All those tears I had held back just flowed!  I kept crying when we came inside & Jensie said, “Daddy saved the day!” πŸ˜‚ 
But really…Jesus IS the only gift I need & I have him! I hope you do too! No matter what gifts we open up this season… I hope we remember that none of them compare to the Real Gift we have in Jesus & He IS the REASON For the Season & we celebrate Him! πŸ™πŸ»πŸŽ„❤️πŸŽ„























































































No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...