December 23, 2017

"F-O-R-T-Y= Family, Friends, Fun, Surprises & A Soft Baby Blue Robe"

Here we are!  It finally came.  The big ol' birthday that all through time has been named  "the big one, over the hill, Lordy, Lordy... I am 40!"  The number doesn't bother me one bit.  I don't know how I am suppose to feel.  I wouldn't say I feel 20... but I would say I have amazing days & feel awesome & I have achy tired days that I feel 80.  Either way... I feel BLESSED.  I am still here with my precious family and feeling special and loved on another birthday.  
The 40th is always one for a big gift, a big trip, a big party????  Why though?  As I have been climbing up the hill to get to 40... smaller, simpler, less, more meaningful.... has helped me get up the hill.  My lovely birthday falls 5 days before Christmas. My Mama brought me home in a stocking from the hospital that they made for me.  It's always been a birthday of "Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas".... people always apologizing because it's combined.  It has always seemed that having a birthday soooo close to Christmas was not a good thing.  But, for me... It's the best!!!!  I love December!  I love Christmas!  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!  Growing up... birthday parties weren't a thing.  Little Susie & Little Johnny didn't have big parties and everyone go home with treat bags.  It just didn't happen.  I had a big surprise party when I was 11. I will NEVER forget it.  I had another surprise birthday when I turned 30.  All so fun and special.  Over the years I have
had lots of birthday love and gifts & dinners & special memories.  For some reason, this year... I just couldn't let the Big Party happen. I tried in my brain to figure out how to pull off a big party with all those I loved... Nate wanted to take me to NYC.... friends trying to figure out a time for a celebration..... It's just a hard month for these things.
I just couldn't do any of it.
I got so anxious about it that I broke down and cried to my husband PLEASE don't let a party happen.  It's not what I want.  He agreed and I enjoyed my December.  

Lots of fun surprises on my doorstep leading up to the big day... so fun!  
The day finally came and I was suppose to be at my Kim's house at 9:30... she knew I was going to all my kiddo's school parties.  So I assumed we were going to make time for that cup of coffee and just talk as we always can't do enough of!  LOL!  She knows my heart and knows I didn't want a big 40th.  She totally understood and agreed with my thoughts.
So my birthday morning, I get ready and drive over.... As I turn down her street I see it is lined with cars on both sides and my eyes just fill with tears.  She did it.  They did it.  It's happening. Pull it together!  No one wants their mascara running on their 40th birthday.  
I have no idea who is there.  I just knew there was SPECIAL inside that door.  
Walking in to all of their beautiful faces and hearing their voices say "Happy Birthday"... well that was just the BEST.  The fact that these ladies are in my community... we all got parties to go to... things to do... and they took time to come over and celebrate ME?????  I feel so humbled.  
Just very surprised and thankful for all of them.  Even though we didn't get a picture with everyone there... all of their faces are in my mind as I hugged their neck.  I would even go as far as to say... I don't like parties cause I wouldn't want to leave anyone out.  There are a few people that weren't on the invite. But when you don't plan your own celebration, you don't get a say.  But that's exactly what I didn't want... was a say! LOL!  I didn't want to inconvenience people during a busy time and ask that of them.  So that's just the way it goes... It happened anyways and it was the best little morning a gal like me could have. Simple, sweet & special.  
   So thankful for special friends and don't know how people pull off surprises.  
Thankful is this 40 year old.

It was a full day and after celebrating with my family... I was Pooped!!!!  
My favorite gift was a Baby blue robe that was the softest on the planet.... we also had a blast with my new cell phone mini tripod that comes with a remote so I can take family and friend photos without setting the timer and setting it up on a ladder or table!  LOL!!!  LOVE it!
More celebrating with friends with some hibachi & a bus!  
This time of year is fun no matter if you have a birthday or not!  But getting older sure seems good when you do it like this!  
Lordy, Lordy I Am 40!


 I know one thing... for 40 years... I have been loved.  I have felt special & thankful to be me.
Here are some baby pics.... fun to look back on.















 

























































































No comments:

The Christmas Belly Sweater

December is packed already with all the festivities of Christmas!  Christmas parties.Christmas Basketball Tournaments.Christmas Mexican Food...