November 17, 2017

The Sounds of School Starting

Oh the dreaded time of year.... I hate to be negative.  I am positive for the kids... but I can be honest here.  I don't like school.  Especially this year... all my babies are going to big, real school.  What a new chapter for me!  I have stayed at home for 13 years and always had a young one to care for.  It's who I am... it's who I have been... it's what I have known.  I held in the sadness and let a little out at a time.  Had lunch with my kindergartener quickly!  Got to the gym with the hubby to distract my open days.  Made supper in the middle of the day... got caught up on laundry and chores... fed goats and even took selfies with them... LOL!  The one thing that has kept me busy and distracted me a lot from this crazy change is #1 still taking care of my knee and going to therapy.  Trying so hard to get back and get back strong.  Knee surgery is a beast.  #2 Our home had a major plumbing issue this summer so I have been busy with repairs and new floors and painting... that's fun but can quickly get old.
 It's been a new way of life getting up at 5:30 to get Noah off to football.  So proud of him and these boys for their dedication.  It was so hard to watch Noah have to miss his first two games because of the 7 stitches he had to get in his upper thigh from a bike wreck.  A hard lesson but sometimes these things help us on our journey of life. 
With the sounds of school... alarms... coffee perkin early in the morning... bacon sizzlin... hairspray & backpacks being zipped... the after school meltdowns... the moans and groans of homework... but there has to be some good right???  Sure there does.  Kids are learning and brains are growing.  Laughter with friends and teacher/coaches influences.... early morning mental toughness... responsibilities growing... children growing up.

I hope for all of the sounds of school.... they experience the one you can't hear all the time.... it's the one that's felt.... the one that feels so safe and secure and loving..... it's HOME.... it's Mama.... As tired as I may be and the task overloading that comes with it all... I hope they know I love them and love being the one they come home to.

    

Love my sweet little Kate... her mommy had an all day appointment and I got to go treat this little one to sweetness and fun.  It was nice having a little one even though she wasn't mine.


Me and Nate were picking up some tile at flooring place and were approached to try out for a commercial... haha... what were we thinking???  We did it!  LOL!  No tv for us....
Maybe a reality show with our crazy life would be better??


These boys go on a father son dove hunt every year.... they have grown so much since they started.  Gunner is going too and getting special time with Daddy in. 













Beware.... Noah's leg ain't pretty.... but a time to be thankful... it could have been worse



No comments:

Time To SPRING Into ACTION

Time to spring into action! Flowers are blooming! Everything is turning green! It's a beautiful time of the year! I love being outside a...