May 31, 2017

Being A Mama Is Like....

Being a Mama is like... a never ending fulfilling gift that is wrapped in duct tape.  Our children are such gifts... family is such a gift.  Being a mother is such a gift.  But sometimes it can certainly feel hard to get that gift opened so you can enjoy it.  We know there is such goodness inside that beautifully wrapped gift... and we want to get it open sooo bad, but the duct tape is just difficult.  Kids are like adorable little gifts and you just want to enjoy them all the time but let's face it, that's hard.  Sometimes there is just too much duct tape.  But I think that is what is so fascinating at the same time. God didn't just give us these beautiful gift sacks that you pull the tissue paper out and Waa Laaa... there is the gift!!!!  He instead wrapped them up very carefully so that we would have to take our time with opening them, parenting them, raising them.  

I remember when the kids were babies I would always think... "Oh I love this stage!  This is my new favorite stage!  The kids are so fun at this age."  But really under every layer of duct tape, I continue to get excited about what is coming next.  It's just I have to be so patient and enjoy each layer of the gift.  Sometimes we might even want to move on and rip off the tape real quick and get to a better stage.  Ha!  Certain phases with children can be hard, whether they are babies, toddlers or teens.  I mean we might even want to use the duct tape for their mouths???  Ha! JUST Kidding!  Well..sort of?

It was so great to have my mother visit in April.  I put a picture of us on here because I just love her.  I love her for unwrapping me slowly.  Raising me right.  I love her for listening to me as I talk about my sticky duct tape I am unwrapping with this kid or that kid of mine.  As mothers... we just need other mothers!  We need support and encouragement! We need to know we are not alone.  We are all covered up in duct tape.  We have to talk to one another about how to get out of one sticky situation and get back to the sweet spot of motherhood.  It's never ending!  I am so thankful God gave us help!  I have had a lot of help since my knee surgery and it's been the biggest blessing!  
Recovering from this surgery has been SUCH A PROCESS! But as usual... my brain starts to thinking... and it's helped me see how important it is to take our time and not rush the process.  Rehabbing my knee is like raising my kids... I gotta take my time and build it/them back strong.  
Taking the time to unwrap them slowly and enjoy them.  



My Mama!  

Mother's Day 2017

Jensie's preschool gift... her thumbprints in a heart necklace... one of my most favorite gifts ever!

Relaxing in the pool is perfect for Mother's Day

This is how I woke up one morning... cracks me up!

Your baby comes and gets in bed during the night anytime she wants.  I even tell her to come.  Let her stay little please.

Another doorbell surprise from my sweet friend!  All this chocolate covered love has helped the knee recovery!

Are ya'll happy Mama got knee surgery?  Yes.. cause people bring you ice cream cookie treats!  Oh my!
Popcorn in Mama's bed... that's not supposed to be allowed?
Doing my therapy outside.  Feeling good.

Sonny is always right beside me when I do it too!

Do friends really drive 30 minutes to bring you yummy food?  
They do!  My heart is swollen with love for all of these wonderful people!

More flowers too??? I'm certainly smiling!!!

Gotta set up her dolls and the front door seems to be prime location?

We are celebrating!  MOM CAN DRIVE AGAIN!

When you are at a baby shower and your daughter gets your phone.  I had no idea.  But the one eyed blue eye shadow plus the facial expressions forced me not to delete them!





My precious Keighly I taught in 1st grade!  Could she really be graduated from college, married and having a baby girl????  Pinch me!  Time is flying!  
I am mushy with love that I got to be a part of this precious day!  I am so proud of Keighly and can't wait to meet her baby girl!

I love lazy Sundays.  I love noon service at church.  Sometimes you just need to cook breakfast with your babe.

The Pancake Mama must sit though

The pancake princess loves syrup

Isn't there something about little boys and fishin?  How cute they are when they hold out that fish all proud looking?  I love this!

goggles
they make me laugh

loungin with mama

Daddy is fishing with the boys while the girls are snuggling watching "My Girl"

Proud of my big boy!  Getting the jobs for WORK!
Mowing, yard work makes me proud

Taking in the moments


She will find a way... 

I hope my kids don't get mad at me one day.  I love pictures of their little legs and yes... their hineys!  Her outfits crack us up!

Ending on My Family
I love them.
Thankful at Mother's Day for our Mama!

No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...