November 21, 2016

Is It Really November????


I can't believe it is November and it's flying by! It's a busy month with finishing up Halloween, we go straight into Noah's birthday!!! I can't believe he is 12!!!!! I can't even make myself say preteen or almost a teenager.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I painted my belly like a pumpkin for a Halloween party. How did 12 years go by? He is loving middle school and just finished up his first season of tackle football. So fun! He loves to hunt and fish and that makes me so happy! He has wanted a phone for quite a while now. It seems that's where times are going and I know it's coming so we are trying to gradually embrace these changing times of being a parent. It is so hard! As much as I want everything to be like it was when we were kids.... it's not! These kids are forced to learn technology in kindergarten. I wish there was more coloring and painting and learning to read and write. Our whole world has moved into a new land of technology. So with that said.... we are slowly giving in with many restrictions and much supervision... he got a phone. His daddy had an old iPhone that we were planning on getting service on. But my service on my phone was ready to be updated and I actually switched providers and was able to get two of the new iPhone 7s for us. We went back and forth on whether or not to give him the newest thing out. But we decided let's go ahead and do and we won't need an upgrade for a very long time. Plus it would be a HUGE surprise! Needless to say... his reaction was something we will never forget. We even videoed but weren't quite ready for his estactic and emotional reaction. He was so shocked that he cried. He rushed straight over to his mama and hugged my neck and made mama cry. He could barely talk. It was one of those moments where we were glad...if we were gonna do it... let's surprise the heck out of him. When you don't always get the best or the newest of things.... or at least very often.... you are sure thankful. That's what we felt like with his reaction. Priceless!


November 1st... Noah is 12!!!!


Happy with his fishing pole!  He doesn't have a clue what's coming later!




Birthday Boy

First Family Selfie taken by Noah


Loves to fish


Proud of him and his 1st tackle football season


This girl!  My My!  Could she be 5?  
She isn't a baby... she isn't a toddler! 
She's a full blown KID!  
But she still rubs my arm and snuggles with me like she is my baby! 


Her 2nd soccer season to be a LIL DIVA.... she LOVES soccer!!!


She looks soooo sweet.... but she can be soooo spunky



Birthday Doughnut Tower

She looks too little to be 5?  




Got a sweet and sassy hairdo and her EARS PIERCED!!!!!



While we were there... she said, Look Mom, it's Emmie?
I looked up and there she is on the wall of the store.  She did this little photo shoot a long time ago and is in their brochure and now on the wall!!!  Too cute!



Nails have to be sparkley and bright to go with her sparkley earrings


She wanted a cookie cake



Happy Birthday Jensie!  
We are so happy you completed our little Bunch of Oranges



This picture was one morning I slid out of bed to start my day and looked back to see the sunlight coming in the window and shining on Jensie's hair.. She looked like an angel.  It made me so happy to look at this.... Our dog Sonny who always waits until I get up to get up.  Our baby girl who came down during the night to get in our bed.  The sunlight coming through on her looked like Heaven.  Our beautiful bed that Nathan built us that makes my heart overflow with love.  This is what life is all about right here.  This is what makes me happy.


Emmie, Clementine, Anna Claire representing their 4H club in the Food Challenge at a nearby college Texas Christian University.  They did so good and loved every minute!!!  The judges are behind them.  They got Best Team Spirit.


These are the other 4H groups from our Texas Wrangers Club


They are excited to be a part of this!


They had to carry their creation out to the judges and tell them what it was and what all they used to make it.



This was their kitchen section.  All of the participants were in this huge room with tons of kitchens.  It was sooo cool!


It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get "judged" in front of all the parents too.  We are so proud of the girls!!!

No comments:

The Christmas Belly Sweater

December is packed already with all the festivities of Christmas!  Christmas parties.Christmas Basketball Tournaments.Christmas Mexican Food...