September 08, 2013

"Swaddled... Now... Strapped! Suck It Up Buttercup!"

 It seems like yesterday... I was looking down at this little "baby moses" baby SWADDLED up and looking up at me with the biggest eyes I had ever seen.... like I was looking down at this SWADDLED, hefty little gal in a pink crochet hat that made my heart pump happy.....like I was looking down at this SWADDLED,  9 lb. big boy that was our #3 but extra special with my Daddy's name.... Now... I look at them all.... STRAPPED with backpacks.... going off to SCHOOL????  Did somebody like fast forward time???  That was fast!  Really?  I'm suppose to like make lunches and check homework and lay out clothes and sign folders and console and council and take to sporting activities and get to bed on time?  What about the sippy cups and cuddling and snuggling and diapers and pacifiers????  Do they make those for moms?  I might need some extra cuddling and a paci?   All of my babies are growing too fast!!  Well... I do still have one little long eye lashed, spoiled rotten, messy headed princess to keep me company at home... ok ok... hold off on the paci.... I can get through this.  

Thought I would post a few throwbacks just for pure entertainment!  LOL!  Hope you all are adjusting to school if ya got it... or whatever change life is throwing at you right now.  For me....It's feeling like a whippin...there's crying... there's meltdowns, there's drama, there's homework, there's ...oh yeah... school!  But I am gonna get over the sting and move on with it!  Right?  As my hilarious workout shirt says.... "suck it up buttercup".... gotta love workout motivation and for me.... this transition of life...motivation!  We don't use that word in our home...but yet... I wear this shirt to the gym.... well that is because sometimes you just gotta do what the shirt says!  :)  No time for whinin in this house!  I got 4  littles to do that for me!!! 
Next up for the Orange's.... "All we wanna do is have some fun... I gotta feelin the party has just begun!" 

 2013 Emmie Lou Orange Kindergarten!

 1985 Angela Marie Hendrickson Kindergarten!

 2013 Noah Mattai Orange 3rd Grade!

 We think 3rd or 4th grade... William Nathan Orange... Isn't he the cutest?  

 This is so embarrassing... 3rd grade for me... big teeth, big brows.... permed hair? A true Throwback

 Here they are.... Kinder and 3rd!  Time flies my friends!

 sniff, sniff

 daddy and his big kiddos
 1st day of school.... mama always takes em... :)

 Emmie and her teacher :)
 Little playdough fun for the 1st day

 Noah and his teacher :)

 Whoa!  Whoa! Whoa!  Wait a minute!  PRESCHOOL!!!!  No way?  Is it already time? 


 He loves it!!!


His precious teachers!!!!


 AND...... Drum Roll Please..... Jensie Jewel Orange.... is who I am left with!

She is a healthy shopper and good cart driver!


A little end of summer fun bake sale


 
 Yes.... I was the "greatest mom ever" for this!  :)  they loved it!!!  


Summer is over... School begins.....We had to have fun with some of our earnings... :)  Love these kiddos that go to school!  
Horrible pic of me... but its all about the shirt people.... until next time.... do what the shirt says.... 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love this post - totally relate! My kids are doing fine with school, but I hate it!!! I want them home more!

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...