July 16, 2021

A Childhood Reminder

This is a picture of our sweet Jensie! She is in front of my childhood church in which my mama still attends. My Mama told me they were having Vacation Bible School & would meet me & help get kids there if they wanted to go. I was running other kiddos to & from practices so it worked out perfect. I am just so grateful for her help & Jensie had a blast!
One night it worked out for me to pick her up. I walked in & just immediately saw familiar faces & heard familiar voices. Looked to the front to see my old youth pastor (who is now the pastor of the church) talking. All the pews filled with children. I remembered when I was young we had the red & the blue team. We even had buttons to wear showing what team we were on. There was a giant scale with big clear jars on each end. We always had a penny contest. Pennies! Don’t you just love that!? Every day we would bring our pennies & it would be weighed as to which team had the most. It’s funny I don’t remember a prize, I don’t remember who won. But I do remember that giant scale & seeing those heavy heavy jars be teeter tottering determining the one who brought the most. Vacation Bible School was always so much fun from the lessons & crafts & yummy little cookies & koolaid. Both of these things I rarely got at home so they tasted like gold to me. 
As I was driving home that night I was looking at the beautiful country land with fresh rolls of hay laying so perfectly. I thought to myself I can’t believe I live here now. I can’t believe I am driving down the same road I grew up traveling everyday. Then it hit me…. The date. It was June 15th. It all came back to me…. Exactly 35 years ago on June 15,1986 I was baptized at that church. I was 9. The same age as my sweet little girl riding in the back seat. What a sweet reminder from the Lord & a blessing to be in remembering that very moment of my childhood. 



No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...