April 04, 2014

"What Could Be Any More Beautiful Than A Rainbow?"

Well.... I can't think of anything more beautiful than a rainbow... But... IF I had to say... it would be
NEW LIFE!
The kind of life you prayed for.....
the kind of life you weren't sure would happen...
the kind of life that only our GOD could create....
and for my one and only best sister in the world...
 He did....


Many of you know... my sis has had a journey.  It takes so long, it seems, medically, for doctors to figure out the details of our bodies.  It seems so ironic that when they do finally figure it out... it's fixable... but actually it was all along.  There really aren't so many details to work out.. it's just whenever God is ready to let it all sink and work... since it can.... cause He made us.  God's timing is just so questionable.  Why do we have to go through trials or long suffering or doubt or pain?  We watch the ones we love dearest and ask.. WHY?  Why God?  Can't you just hurry up and give her a baby?  Can't you just make it your will?  Can't you make your timing be NOW? 
I never stopped believing she would have a baby... and I never wanted her to give up.  But, I can't understand what she has been through, so I had to give it God... let her be and just hope.... I think she felt the same... but sometimes I think its easy to lose hope. It's kind of like giving up.  I think you have to accept things and move on and be thankful for all God has given you.  She was doing EXACTLY THAT!  She was amazing!  She was strong!  She was my baby sister!!!  Since when she get so tough???  :)  It was hard to watch... cause I wanted her to have a baby!  

Life is full of surprises! It's just when you accept your life as it is and be thankful and trust in Him that He SURPRISES you when you weren't even planning!  I will never forget when she told me... the thoughts of her going down that road again.... but I was hopeful.  For some reason.... I had a good feeling.... this time... the road would be a rainbow.... where troubles would melt like lemon drops and somewhere over the rainbow.... a baby would be born!  Blue birds would fly and her dreams would come true  and she would sing her own lullaby!!!!!

 The pregnancy journey was great!  She loved every second of it!  I knew she would!  It was beautiful to listen to her talk about her pregnancy.  The birth got here 3 weeks sooner than planned and was extremely touch and go since my sis was on blood thinners for a blood disorder... timing was very important!  The doctors and nurses were wonderful, but all in all.. we knew... God held Cullen's life in his hands.... he could take him or put him in her arms.  God really showed us his power that day!  We thought we were out of the woods since her last blood thinner shot...that labor would be ok... but that's when she developed something called Hellp Syndrome.   Her liver was shutting down and her blood pressure was at stroke level so they had to get him out as fast as possible.  This was fatal to her and Cullen.  It was very scary for them at first but God prevailed and we can rejoice in His name and be reminded once again of his ultimate power!  
Cullen Michael is a precious,  little, perfect MIRACLE!!!  We are so thankful for him!  He's been a fighter and a strong wittle one.  He has had to spend some time in the NICU but he is moving up the charts everyday!  His homecoming is soon.  Please keep them in your prayers!  Thank you all so much for all your prayers and love and always asking about my sister.  It's been a journey!  Please take note... there will be new baby pics on my blog now.... MY NEPHEW!!!  Coming soon!  :)
Thank you for taking the time to read about her journey and the beautiful treasure that awaited her at the end of the rainbow!  
Now every time I see a rainbow... I will think of Cullen Michael!  I will see him!  
HE IS THE NEW COLOR IN MY RAINBOW!


I love you Amy!  This is a blessing to be able to share this with everyone!  
You are already a wonderful mother and I am so happy Cullen has you and Davy as his parents!  
Now flip the page.... for the NEW CHAPTER in your lives!  :)
Ya'll are gonna Love Like Crazy!!!!  :)


 My FAVORITE picture of my incredibly beautiful sissy!  This is pure BLISS!


Davy & Amy
Excited about what's to come!

 Taking it in...Loving the life inside her.... a gift from God..... "Is this really happening?"


 Glowing!


 So sweet


The Lord DOES answer our prayers.... It's been a long time a prayin.... A long time of wonderin... But only HE knows the perfect time 


 Just born.... Cullen Michael (another Michael to carry on our Daddy:)
March 15, 2014
6 lbs. 2 oz.

 They've only just begun.... the most beautiful journey in this life



 Exhausted, Emotional, Thankful, Holding on to one another with the strength of the Lord

 Some pictures really make me cry....
 skin to skin!!!
it's hard to stop staring at this image of mother and child..... him clinging to her and her to him like they never knew they could touch


 taking his mother's milk like a champ


have to have the sucking the thumb pic

 Proud MeeMaw

 Little Sack of Potatoes

 Proud mommy that Cullen took more at his feeding

 snuggles
 Look at his fancy crib in the NICU.... He's stole all the nurses hearts and is the NICU champ!

 The miracle of this life... in her arms... A gift from above.... Life seems so complete



 How many rainbows do you see in a year?  Not many?  I couldn't be there for his birth... it didn't make sense for me to go considering all circumstances... it was hard not being beside her... even if that meant being scared with her and comforting her... waiting with her and praying with her.  He was born in the morning and at the end of the day when all was well and we were in a good place... we could rejoice and breathe and be at peace.  I look outside and what do I find?  A GIANT RAINBOW!!!! Happy Birthday to Cullen!  God keeps his promises!  Yes!  But I felt my Daddy with me... I bet he told God to give me a rainbow since I was here and they were there and couldn't see a rainbow from the hospital room.... but don't worry... I sent them a picture and said... "This is from Daddy!"  








No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...