May 08, 2013

Can You Find Your Inner S-U-P-E-R-M-O-M?

 Well... With Mother's Day approaching.... this has been on my heart for a while.  How do I say it?  First off... I have been inspired to write this because of the number of people that call me "Super-Mom" or ask me "How do you do 4???"  "You make it look so easy" is my new favorite one!   It is Constant! I get a lot of compliments and encouragement from strangers.  It is nice!  My grocery store knows me!  They know my kids and it's like family! I am sooo glad it looks that way to others.  But I am not always a Super-Mom!

 You see these posts from other blogs trying to calm everyone down that we don't need to be Super Moms... I read one the other day... pretty much talking down about "the supermom".... People can be so judgmental!  This really makes me giggle but also is difficult for me b/c I have some of the "accessories of a supermom"...that can be misinterpreted.  Sometimes I cringe when someone says it or writes it.  It seems that is what is expected of moms today... to be a Supermom! But I giggle because all those moms that shudder at the mom that looks like she has it all together, could actually be "supermoms" too... they just look different doing it? 

So I am gonna give you MY SUPERMOM RECIPE... for now, that is.  :)  

"How do I do 4?"  Well... the same way you do 1 or 2 or 3 or 5... I just fix extra plates and clean up extra messes and bathe extra kiddos....etc. etc.  Is 4 hard?  Sure!  Motherhood is exhausting?  No matter how many you have!  It's the same for ALL OF US!  I fail.  I get angry.  I get very tired.  I get impatient.  All those yucky things!  I am not happy, sunshiney, popsicle Mama all of the time!  Let's get that straight right now.  

"How do I make it look easy?"  Well... usually I do have my "game on" when in public.  LOL! I can pull off dressing my kids and fixing their hair... which can make for a cute pic?  I post pics on here of our happy life.  When all the crying or fits or yuck is happening.... I am not taking pictures.  LOL!  Let's face it... we want to remember the happy moments when we look back right?  We will forget the yucky stuff... most of it.  :)  

Everyone has their way of doing things... what works for them.  It all depends on your personality, your schedule, your job and your help.  We are constantly changing how we do things... figuring out what works....for now... and what doesn't.  For me, I have learned how to keep things easier for me and my children by choosing who I surround us with, how many things do we commit to, when to pull back and chill in neutral for a bit, "simmer down" and regroup and most importantly keeping the "most important things" always at the top of our life!  For us... HOME and FAMILY and GOD keep us sane on this journey!  By golly... it IS a JOURNEY... so all of us...better have a short list!  :)

I truly believe EVERY MOM that loves their children and puts THEIR best interest first is a SUPERMOM!  I don't strive to be a supermom.  I just want to be a good mother with the best qualities to share with my children.  I want to use the gifts God gave me to enrich their lives in a positive way.  I want then to learn from my flaws and use them as tools later on in life.  I believe a Mother is always "mothering" whether the kids are grown up or not.  Right Mama?????????  :)  I don't believe we have to always have "happy children"... but I do want our home to be happy and comforting place as much as we can make it that way!  :) I want the "little moments",  the days at home doing whatever, listening and looking to my children even when I have things to do... good use of my "time" with them, I want them to talk to me about their lives, I want to instill in them my knowledge and faith in our God.   These things that I strive for in motherhood is how I stay sane and happy MOST of the time!  :) I may not hit them all in the same day... well.. that would just be perfect wouldn't it?  LOL!  I think if you hit one of your "supermom goals" you passed and got GRADE A SUPERMOM for the day!  :) And if ya didn't.... well... it doesn't mean the "super" isn't still inside you!  So... Pull it out the next day when you start all over!  :)  "Pick up the pieces and build a lego house"... love this song on here this time!  

Here are some pics of some sweet or memorable moments from us and some quotes for finding your Inner SuperMom!  Happy Mother's Day Super-Mamas!!!!







 Found a 4 leaf clover!!!!
 Lots of flowers on here... they make me happy....






 Waiting for big brother to get home on a sunny day!

 Painted Baby Toes
 and fingers
 Noah reading a book to them after school... yeah it was Spongebob... but it was the sentiment!  LOL

 Kissing baby




 LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!!!!!  


 Wow!  I look like a "super mom" here?  A super large...Buddy the Elf supermom!



 AWWWW!  Planting a tree.... I took this pic because of what they were talking about.  Just out of the blue... my 3 1/2 year old Gunner with a baby snake in the bug carrier around his neck just started telling  Nate all about "Jesus being buried and being raised from the dead and the big rock was rolled away and the tomb was empty"..... Ya gotta have these moments for some confirmation....that... they're "gettin it" 






 Is this the most pitiful but most adorable little tuckered out boy that couldn't make it till bedtime... we have a lot of these nights.  

 Some very special earrings and necklace that my Mama surprised me with in the mail for an early Mother's Day with the most heartfelt card and note she has ever written.  She makes me feel like I am doing this Motherhood thing pretty well!  LOL!  I love you Mama!



 What is better than the last baseball practice of the season hitting water balloons instead of baseballs?  Yeah... that's the way our coaches roll!  Pretttty Awesome!  :)


 Noah getting his Daddy!!!  I love his face!



 Gunner is overcoming the reservations of the pool and was so cute saying that night to me, "Ma, Are you soo sooo sooo proud of me?"  If he only knew!



 The shark is helping him not be afraid until me and Nate can get in there with him and get him swimming like a fish!  


 Helllllooooo!!!  That is right Supermoms!!!!


 a pretty bird we found!


 She LOVES doing makeovers!  She is very good at painting your nails, doing your hair, rubbing lotion on your arms and picking out jewelry for you to wear.  These are sweet moments!!



 Love this!  We have to own this... because this is what they do!  There is no other way.... they will come to us about everything!  But man.... that is what we want them to do...right!


 Ha!  So true!  Keep your focus!  


 Oh my word!  


 ok my hair ain't falling out yet.... but i love this!!!



This was me one day when "exhaustion" was deep and one of my friends who is a "lifeline to motherhood" for me- needed a laugh... so I sent this to her!  She loved it! Sitting down when I need to be cooking supper,  No make up, looking exhausted, coffee in hand that isn't working!  But let's have a laugh right?  Ya gotta laugh!!!!  That is how you get through Motherhood!  


I LOVE THIS!!!!  A friend sent it to me and I saw it on Facebook!  




 This was a powerful statement at our church Ladies Retreat!  I love it!

As Mother's,  there will be suffering and hard moments.... 
DIG, DOWN, DIP!  Keep your focus!  Maintain your faith in God and yourself as a Mother and "make Him look good how you do life" in those hard moments and those supermom moments!


 LOL!  Always!


 Figure out what the "little" is for you and you WILL be HAPPY!!!! 



 This would be ME!  Dressed up in my mama's clothes.... we didn't have tutu's and dress up clothes back then!  But she let me play in her clothes and I even got into her mascara!!!  Wow!  So funny because I LOVE MASCARA today!  LOL!




Happy Mother's Day to the Best Super Mama I could have!  I am so glad I was born as your daughter! You have had such an impact in my "molding process" as a person, woman, wife and mother.  

No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...