July 18, 2017

"Just Between You & Me & The Fence Post"

Summer ain't complete without a trip to Tennessee.  We LOVE going to see our families.  Nathan & I are so fortunate to have our families only minutes apart and can come for one big visit and get good time with them all.  Our family keeps growing and we couldn't be more excited!  More babies to hold! More cheeks to kiss!  More cousins in pics!  Life feels like such a blessing when you take time to be with the ones you came into this world with.  It feels good to separate our life in Texas with work and life and come HOME to Tennessee. Tennessee will always have a special place in our hearts.  There are very special people that reside there, special places we have been in our childhoods, special memories made and lots of stories to share with our children.  They think going to Tennessee is like the best vacation on the planet.  That is just fine with us! 

This trip was especially special to be still.  There were many moments I was still and just taking in the surroundings.  Some of them that I would like to remember are:
My childhood home all lit up waiting for us to arrive with my eager Mama inside
the giant trees that keep growing and shading us
the fence my daddy built that makes for such a gorgeous picture backdrop
the creek time with the kids
the coffee with family and good talks
the swing in the woods that's sooo old & overlooked a stream flowing and trees canopied over us while children ate watermelon and played in the creek
a nice long walk with great talks that don't go "between me and you and the fence post"
fireworks and happy kiddos
ice cream... so much ice cream
rain...and more rain...and more rain
cozy blankets, dark rooms and cool homes to rest in
cooking and eating wonderful food
my grandmother's gown and her soft hair and beautiful skin I got to see when we visited her
some of my favorite cousins & the laughter that I haven't heard in 10 years
cousins playing and fightin like they are an old married couple
tears because well.... life brings them
brothers laughing and talking across the table.... it's the good stuff
water fights
the little cousin voices
the late, late nights
the clock that never changes past 12:46 so we never know what time it is
the stove that takes 20 minutes to make a grill cheese
sister giggles
pregnant bellies
so many people in one house that it feels like a huge extended family reunion...but actually it's just  huge family
blackberry cobbler
fresh cucumbers
m&m cookies
ping pong
cleaning out a garage of memories
Daddy's weeping willow
"Papa, Who Made God?"
a sweet family funeral by the creek for our doggy cousin Winnie....R.I.P. sweet gal
4wheeler ride with my oldest
water balloons & chicken legs
treasure hunts
the quiet moments... cause there ain't many
the LOUD.... cause it's Laughter, Love & Life with our Families


I could go on and on but will just sit and read the ones I have and try not to cry cause it makes me miss it so much!  I am so thankful to God for where we came from & the family he gave us & growing up where we did. Tennessee always leaves us with a craving to come back as soon as we can.... cause next time... we will have TWO more family members!  2 baby girl cousins!  



Our signature bridge pic... we always cheer

rest stop in Tennessee...the trees are getting bigger and bigger and the kids catching lightening bugs


creek time



these two make us laugh.... Cousins

Creek Art... you never know what cool thing you will find down in Papa & Nonna's woods


taking Mama on a 4 wheeler ride


The Cousins keep multiplying.... Another baby girl in that adorable belly



Papa &  Nonna with their 9 grandchildren... so very blessed

Papa and Noah


 

We love Blane

Golfing with the boys


Emmie is right comfortable in the creek




You have to try Papa's Zipline

Noah Loves driving this thing


I love her smile




Dogs can play too









Makeover time... Jensie loves being in charge...



Girl Cousins

Boys will always find something interesting


Uncle Tai and Ethan golfin too




a tutu for the creek... surrrrre why not?

Happy 4th of July


We are about as crazy as we look... really.



Love them so much

Another cousin coming soon!  We are sooo excited



Celebrate


Meemaw and her grandchildren

Getting silly on the porch

My Sissy.... 



I sure wish we could have swung a  little longer, talked a little more, laughed to our faces were sore. It's always hard to say goodbye.


Our new little firecracker cousin... Easton.
Come to Aunt Angie little love!  I will try not to hold you the whole time.  


days apart.. cousins

cuties



Do you think we need some more?  I LOVE babies!!


Happy 4th


Sonny Is Super Cool



We love props




I love these two


U.S.A.
Whoo Hooo!



Gotta get my belly time before my new niece is here to meet us

 
we always get excited for MeeMaw's Treasure Hunts



Cullen was so excited to see his cousins.  We wear him out bless his little heart but he goes non stop and is a happy boy!





Cold from bounce house fun at night


It wouldn't be Tennessee without Popsicles

Ready for the bounce house


So excited


Ready to tackle this thing... do things we shouldn't... and Have fun





I love pictures of kids running. Sweet Cullen


Can you count the frogs?

Be not afraid


Golfing


Little boys and creeks... just something about them



I'm trusting you Noah!


These are the kinds of pictures my sweet hubby takes... I love him

Bye my sweet Mama...
 She always has to meet us in our little town one last time on our way out and she always looks sooo beautiful and smells so lovely.  I love her.

No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...