February 20, 2017

Country Stillness

I heard something great in a new class I've been trying at the gym. The class is a lot of yoga which I have never enjoyed. I'm use to running and high cardio or weight lifting. But as I get older... I want to take care of myself and do good things for my body.... even if that means being more still and moving to a different beat. To my surprise, I love this new class and love the deep and meaningful readings my friend and instructor reads. My new favorite quote is, "It's hard to Be Still and Feel Strong."
Wow! That really hit home with me. When she said it we were all laying still on our mats and letting everything go and just being in that moment. We are all so use to fast pace lives, whether we are working a job or taking care of our homes and families. We are use to the "busy" and sometimes the go, go, go. Some of us might feel unproductive if we are sitting because all we can think about is the laundry that needs folding or the dishes that need put away. There is always a reason to move. We thrive in movement and feel energized from getting things done. We feel strong and in control of our duties. But, wow... what a challenge to be completely STILL and feel STRONG! My first thoughts that come to my mind would be that God does want us to be still. He tells us to "Be Still and know that I am God". He rested on the 7th day and wants us to rest. He speaks to us in any way but when we are still, we might just hear him a little better? This might just be when He works in us and "makes us strong". I also think of the verse, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
It is through Him that we are made strong. Not by lifting 20 pounds and doing 25 squats.... not by having all chores done and a tidy home, not by working 80 hours a week at a job so we can be at the top. Sure all of those things can make us feel strong in our bodies and minds, but it's not the kind of everlasting strength we need. Only God can give us that strength.
We we have had a nice relaxing weekend in the country with some of our most special friends. Lots of being still. Lots of seeing God's country and sky. Tender moments of my soul sister playing "Amazing Grace" on the guitar while her daughter joins her in singing it for our "Country Church Service" we had for our families. Lots of sitting on the porch and deep talks about our Father in Heaven.
It's amazing how refreshing it can be to leave all of the Busy behind and Being Still in the country and how we can still be made strong in this stillness. I yearn for daily stillness with the Lord and love to be reminded of how much we all need it.





































Cooking up Frog Legs....






















For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...