May 15, 2015

"You Gotta Get Lower... So You Can Jump Higher…So You Can Get S-T-R-O-N-G-E-R!!"

So I know you are probably wondering where this title came from… It's been sticking with me for a couple months now.  One of my dear friends and instructors at the gym teaches a total conditioning class and her class was my first love of the group fitness classes.  I started them about 3 years ago ish and have a whole new love for group fitness! I have met so many wonderful people and truly love my gym family!  There are days you are too tired to go… too sore to move… etc. etc.. But somehow your "girls" pull you there.  Once you get there…you start moving and feeling better… you see smiles of your peeps that do what you do and love to work out.  You sweat, you pant, you wonder if you can squat any more!!!  But you look up on the stage and above the music you hear this spunky, energetic voice pumping you up, encouraging you to do 8 more.. to go harder… to give it all you got… to keep going… to not give up…. I love you Paula!
So one day she said,
 "You gotta get lower, so you can jump higher, so you can get stronger!"
WOW!  HELLO!  Is that true to LIFE?  Is that true to MOTHERHOOD?  
Sometimes we are LOwwww!  We are covered up with mess!  We are smothered in to do's.  We are drowning in demands.  We lose some gusto and feel beaten down.  I have said it once… I have said it twice.. I will say it again… My Mama always told me that's when you are "in the valley"… YEP!!  Been there… done that.  I am sure I will visit there again.  Blah, Blah, Blah!

This quote has such deep meaning to me.  
For it's when we are at the L-O-W that we have to JUMP UP to get back HIGH on the mountaintop…and when you go through the journey and you go from the low to the high…. you get STRONGER!
This is true to all in life…. "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger?"  Yep… that one too!  
So in the days of this life…. in the days of motherhood… just know…you can't always stay up high…. sometime you do have to get low!  You have to get there so you can appreciate the high and the "what really matters".  It's truly when the Lord can do all sorts of things inside our hearts and we persevere and pull ourselves back to the living and move on from the heartaches, the hard times, the H-A-R-D.  
Life is full of hard.  But it's also full of Happy!  I am wishing all the Mamas a very Happy Belated Mother's Day and a Happy May!  



 I am Mama!  I am SO HAPPY to be MAMA to these wonderfully made children!!!


 These are my little bunch of oranges…. as I typed that I thought how they will soon enough be big bunch of oranges…. sniff sniff


 On this Journey Together…. 
He is like the streamers on my bicycle that sparkle and blow in the wind as I ride through motherhood…. when I look down at them they help me keep pedaling… help me smile and not take life too seriously…. feel happy and young even if I'm getting older and feel tired.  I love this man more and more!  


 Mother's Day at church

 My Mama…. Does she know?  Does she really know?  Her roots are deep and her love is big….. She's watered me my whole life… She's watched me wither…She's watched me shine…. Her presence has never left.  She is such a part of my soul and my heart… and when God made me he gave me a little bit of her in me... and I know this… and I feel this…. and I am thankful…. because even though God made us all different and special in our own way…. it feels like a such a GIFT to have an ounce of her in me!  I love you Mama!

 My Mama and Sissy and my precious 1 year old nephew who is getting too big!!!!!


Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful Sissy



Some Happy Quotes for Life and Motherhood!


 Too pretty and cheery not to share!  It is truly such a journey and there is joy in it!  Sometimes it might be hidden under the covers or behind a cloud… but if you slow down enough….you will find some.


 I sing this… I say this… I love this!

 Love this!  
 Yes… I live by the one day at a time all too often… I use to be more planny… yes I like a schedule and routine but sometimes the feeling of let's see what tomorrow is when it comes feels so good and stress-less.  
 Oh Heavens!  Once I get caught up…. I get 3-4 baskets behind and feel like I can't breathe with so much laundry on top of so many other to dos….. I know this will go so fast and I will wish I had a little nightgown to fold or little super hero underwear to wash…..


 We have to have a little humor about motherhood right? :)


 Awww!  Sigh!  Don't we sometimes get lost in all the "rights and wrongs" of parenting and lose sight of the "good kid" in front of us that is just waiting to be accepted and loved just how God made them


 I feel this way about my mama…. excited I have 2 daughters to call me a lifelong friend too one day


 so many times people say this to me…. "You sure have your hands full"  Sometimes they are smiling and sometimes they look like they might offer me some free therapy sessions out of pity…. but no matter what…. I know…. it might look like a circus to others sometimes but at the end of the day…. I am glad to have all of my kiddos!  My heart is full!  


 Love this!  Love who God made you to be and do it the best you can!  :)

 Simple and Sweet
 Don't worry… there is plenty of that around here!  Hopefully they will benefit from it!  :)


Made me laugh and made me cry because it's just who they are isn't it?





A few pics of our loves and our lately…..

 My calm and sweet angel girl who loves nature and the simple things

 My soon to be Kindergartner who loves the deer lease and huntin with Daddy

 My always unexpected comedian who will bring a laugh right out of your gut

 My sunshine on a swing

 This is what they do if they get my phone!  Makes me happy!



Mother's Day weekend was also a treat in that we got to celebrate with some of our very dearest friends and the opening of their 2nd bakery.  We are so happy and proud for them!  


 Village Baking Company…. and the new one is Boulangerie by Village Baking Co.
I never knew what I was in for when I first tasted this bread and the croissants!  A whole new luxury of life in your mouth!  :)

 Gorgeous Bakery
 Love to celebrate!
 Love these people!
 Are we too old to all cram in together?  No way!

 So look what I have been up to?  :)  Canning Salsa! 

Homemade salsa….. Please excuse the dirty all day hair….and something in my teeth…. lol
This is my guilty pleasure!  Num, Num, Num!  
Happy Mama!

Are you listening to the music on here?  If not… click here for the sweetest song by the awesome contestant on The Voice… Sawyer Fredericks…. "Shine On"  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song and his voice!!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCLxYPXWvw


Keep shining on friends!  Sing a new song!  We are learning!  Shine ON!  There'll be time enough for darkness when everythings gone.  There is work to be done!  We have children to raise!  We have a life to live here on this earth… that MATTERS! 



Next up…… Everyone Has A Story to share…. what's yours?  I have been blessed by strangers and their stories!  


No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...