August 11, 2014

"He's Such A J-O-Y Stealer!!!!"

Ok...Here I go.....
 So ya'll gon think I'm crazy.... but I've been in the DESERT!  I finally know my diagnosis after our previous sermon at church... We all have those times in the desert... It's LIFE! Jesus was in the desert! But guess what!  Me, Myself & I & my little family are just great! We have had a lovely summer!  I am happy & blessed & wonderful &  at a good place in life!
Feeling COMPLETE!!  J-O-Y Bank = 100 :)
  Actually... it's when you are in a great place that He tries to steal your J-O-Y!!!  So watch out!
So why in the world have I been in the desert???????

Well.... we went to Tennessee.... Had a great trip! But.... Ever since then...... the desert sand has been in my eyes!  The confusion and questions have started stirrin about where we belong. It hit me and Nathan both at the same time????  Why are we still in Texas?  We love our family!  There ain't a dang thang wrong with Tennessee & by golly there is a baby there needin his Aunt Angie to love on him!  :) I've seen death.... I see LIFE.... I see how it all happens so quickly!  Why do we want to wait till our parents are old to get back? So many questions!  We LOVE our life in Texas....but....  Is this where God wants us to be?  
Confusion!!  Minus 20 in the J-O-Y Bank! :(

Next....Three people have died... one being my grandpa.... my daddy's dad.  He was a piece of my daddy who passed 7 years ago.  They looked alike.  He lived to almost 87.  Also, two of my friends just lost a parent.  I am sad for them because I "know" what the family is going through... because I went through it!
Grief!! Minus 20 in the J-O-Y Bank! :(

To top it all off.... probably the one  hardest of all.... to be discreet....someone dear to my heart is going through a confusing time.  I see the emptiness in their eyes.  It's like they have fallen off the planet and not in my life anymore.  :(  I  pray...but am devastated for them. 
Minus 25 in the J-O-Y Bank! :(

 Every time you turn around...somebody has cancer... or fighting for their health or happiness in this life.  Dad Gum.... people are just sick and dyin and gaaaaaaa!!!!!  I know that's what's suppose to happen but I'm tryin to spread JOY around and all I want to do is SPIT.
J-O-Y Bank needs a replenishment!!!!


A little humor in all this is before we took our trip to TN, I had purchased an engraveable necklace at a jewelry party.  Well... the first thing that came to mind to engrave was the word COMPLETE.  I put it on when we got home from TN.  THAT'S WHEN THE SAND STARTED BLOWIN IN MY EYES!!!!! It's like the devil wants me to rip it off my neck!!!  I don't get it... I'm happy, family is great, life is good, the Lord is in my heart & I feel close to him... what am I doing wrong?  I study and read about these times and how God just needs us to trust HIM and not our own understanding.   He wants us to rest in HIS control.  He wants us to hold his hand and walk with joy throughout our day!  He wants us to sacrifice our time for HIM.  He wants us to pray without ceasing!!!  

I believe I am doing these things but I think I get distracted by others and their pain.  I know I just need to bring all my requests to HIM and move on through my day.  I ask myself why do I think of these things so much??  Why is this so crippling to me right now?  I think it's because it's all "close to home" with me.  This could be me experiencing these things. When people close to me hurt... it really hurts!  All you have to do these days is turn on the tv to see all the sadness going on around our world.  God wants us to rejoice together & mourn together but somehow I got too dusty during the mourning that I couldn't see to get back to the rejoicing again!   Life is Life & we all go through it some time or another.  I do not worry... I am not scared... I embrace the days God gives us & want to be a light for Him.  But sometimes it's hard to maintain that when people around you are confused or hurting. 
 I talked to my mama briefly about this and even told her I might write about it.  She laughs at me at how one blog post I am up and the next down.... Ha!  I looked back to see if this was the case and it's not really.  If you read this blog... it's gonna be REAL... so just know... I am doing the best I can!   I am open & transparent and that's just me! I am not "above" being in the desert and no one else is either!   I know "being real" can sometimes help others & I also enjoy reflecting back at these seasons of life.  :) If you are wondering why in the world I'm in the desert and my problems don't seem as bad as yours or others... well.... that's just it you see... Satan will use anything he can to "steal our joy" and you just have to catch him red handed and refuse the temptation of letting the sad... the bad consume you!  

 I can write about this because I am coming out of the desert for now and just got back on the J-O-Y train!  The music is fun!  There is laughter and dancing!  There is peace!  
For now... I am giving all my concerns to God & having J-O-Y with all He has given me!  
I am soaking up my precious children before they start back to school!  
I am going to love my husband!  I am going to take care of our home!  I am going to try to be a light to others!  I hope you all have a J-O-Y filled week and if you are in the desert.... stay strong!  
You will be air lifted out soon!  God Bless You All!  


Here is a little of our "Summer Joy"  :)

Stuffed her bean bag chair she got for her bday.. .Thanks Blane!  :)

 My front seat buddy
 He loves the park!

 Sweet & Sassy hair do

 Ya'll remember the show "Mama's Family"... well this is "Naomi" :)  LOL!  

 This kid is growing so fast!  Ready to hang with big brother and shoot air soft guns... not yet buddy!

 Did we get out???  LOL!

 Yep!  Should we switch plates?  Why do I look like the pig here?  LOL!

 Good times with good friends!

 Summer!!!
 Shootin bb guns.... 
Pettin the snake at the library :)

Just one of Emmie's random creations ..... Leaves, rocks, glitter and some red berries!  Life is so simple with my sweet Emmie Lou!

Found this on my phone... Noah took a selfie... drew an arrow on his forehead pointing down at himself.... This kid!!!!

Happy Meals for Happy Friends!

Homemade slime!  OHHHH WOWWW!!!!!



Smores on the grill.... yep.... we did it!  Too hot for a fire and we just needed some sweet :)

Not too flattering of me... but I do love having fun with my kids and being silly is the best!!!


I will never forget this!  It was mild as can be on a July Texas day and mistin rain... we layed down in the grass for a selfie.... Gunner was laughing soooo hard!  Fun times!!!


If ya live in Texas ya gotta have cowgirl boots!  


She is a people stopper!  :)  I am soakin up her cuteness and her "own little personality in the makin"  She makes us laugh so much!!!

Just a random night... can we fit anymore in our bed?  Everyone wants Mama..... we have to take turns!    LOL!



 Emmie went to Art Camp!  She had some beautiful pieces!
It was very "art-y" :)
this was her favorite!  
SCORE!!! TV in the camper!!!  

Big 'Ol Turtle

Plenty to go around :)

Gunner caught a big catfish!

Just a little happiness that showed up on my doorstep.... Crazy how sisters always know just what you need... a little something colorful to lift the gloom that consumes the world and weighs on us too much sometimes.  Thank you Sissy!!!

Until next time.... I'm singin "I got that JOY, JOY, JOY JOY Down in my Heart!!!!"
Stay tuned for our "Orange Kids End of Summer Sweetness"


No comments:

For The Love

For the Love.... the month for Love... what do we love? Well, from the looks of these pics... we love basketball. Things are coming to an en...